Comment on page
Create an Application
Step-by-step guide to creating a Rollup application.
- In your personal or group dashboard click on the "Create Application" button.
- Provide a name for your application. After this, you'll be redirected to the application's configuration screen.
On the application dashboard, you can obtain your Galaxy API key and application keys.
The Client Secret is only shared once so, if you missed it you can click the "roll keys" link to regenerate the keys.
Navigate to the "OAuth" section for a comprehensive application configuration. Here, you'll find a standard OAuth 2.0 configuration form. Ensure you fill in the required fields to customize your auth flow:
- Application Name: The name of your application. This will be displayed to users during the auth flow.
- Redirect URL: Where Rollup redirects users post-authentication to exchange tokens (more details on this on next page).
- App Icon: Your application's logo, which will be displayed to users during the auth flow.
- Terms of Service URL: A link to your application's TOS
- Website URL: A link to your application's website
For different environments (like development or testing), set up distinct apps with the appropriate redirect URLs (e.g. "localhost").
Once all details are filled in, activate the "Published" toggle and hit the "Save" button. With your application fully configured, you're now ready to complete integrate the auth flow into your app.